Call us +1 801-6062843

Giardino Delle Rose Florence, Italy

In 1865 Giuseppe Poggi (the architect who masterminded the restructuring of the future Capital of the Kingdom of Italy) was asked by the City of Florence, to turn his attention to the left bank of the Arno. Poggi got the city to buy about 2.5 acres of the hillside above Porta San Niccolò (upriver from the Ponte Vecchio). It was May 1895, during the annual Festa di Belle Arti Poggi completed the garden. The Giardino Delle Rose offers a magnificent view of the city. It is patterned after similar French gardens.

Address: viale Giuseppe Poggi 2
Opening Times: visita consigliata a maggio
Phone: 055 2625305